Thursday, July 29, 2010

SB 1070

Just to be entertaining and informative, I posted something to Twitter (and of course FB as well):

Glad Arpaio isn't Sheriff of my county... http://trunc.it/a08kx How long until they ask for YOUR citizenship status? #SB1070
Some one I know basically wrote back asking why I should worry about it, unless I was an illegal alien myself. Well, that's not really the point is it? This is just another step in the erosion of our freedoms. This was my response (via Facebook): 
 'lol, no. But seriously, why should you have to prove to anyone that you are actually here legally? Say I don't have a birth certificate? Can I still prove I belong here?
If a cop stopped *you* on the street (for whatever minimal reason) and asked for proof of citizenship, could you provide it?
Isn't it one of our basic freedoms to be able to walk down the street unmolested by our own government? How much freedom are you prepared to have stripped away? Do you think a Driver's License is enough? Will THEY eventually? Too many questions??????
"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
THEN THEY CAME for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
THEN THEY CAME for me and by that time no one was left to speak up."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came... '
And that's basically how I feel about it. Along with most parts of the Patriot Act and other legislation, we are growing more and more like what we fought off during WWII and the Cold War.

-- End Transmission -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment